Музей-заповідник «Золочівський замок»

Музей-заповідник «Золочівський замок»
Інформація
Робочий час: 

Тимчасово зачинено

Квитки: 

Вартість квитків у Великий палац і Музей східного мистецтва:

- для дорослих: 90 грн

- для дітей і пенсіонерів: 20 грн

- для студентів: 60 грн

 

Вартість сімейних квитків:

- 1 дорослий + 1 або 2 дитини: 100 грн

- 2 дорослих + 1 або 2 дитини: 180 грн

 

Вартість екскурсій*:

- для дорослих:

         для групи до 10 осіб: 150 грн

         для групи 11 - 20 осіб: 300 грн

- для дітей і пенсіонерів: 60 грн

- для студентів: 90 грн

- іноземною мовою (для групи до 10 осіб): 300 грн

 

*УВАГА! Екскурсії у Великий палац і Музей східного мистецтва у Китайському палаці оплачуються окремо

Адреса: 
80700 Львівська обл., м. Золочів, вул. Тернопільська, 5
Телефон: 

+38 096 218 42 29 – Великий палац

+38 096 218 44 09 – Китайський палац

Золочівській замок збудований у першій половині XVII століття. Замок представляє неоголандський тип оборонних споруд і належить до пам'яток типу "palazzo in fortezzo", тобто поєднує функції оборони і житла. Оборонні споруди Золочівського замку - це вали, бастіони, надбрамна вежа, міст і равелін. З часів заснування збереглися вали, бастіони, частково надбрамний корпус, а равелін і міст - це реконструкція. 

Замок Якуба Собєського побудований за проектом невідомого архітектора. У 1686 р. на замовлення короля Яна ІІІ Собєського був відновлений і оздоблений творами мистецтва.  Від багатого спадку у 1801 році залишилось небагато – лише невеликі землі з замком. Відтоді кілька разів змінювались власники, поки замок не став власністю держави. У замковому дворі збереглися донині лише Китайський палац, великий житловий палац і значно перебудована у кінці XIX століття надбрамна вежа.

Китайський палац у Золочівськомй замку збудовано в кінці XVII століття. Спочатку це була так звана галерея - ротонда з вісьмома колонами зі сторони головного фасаду і балконом довкола. На другий поверх вхід був через міст з валу. У XVIII столітті добудовують бічні прибудови і називають будівлю Китайським палацом. рельєфи над дверима і вікнами другого поверху ротонди збережені. Вдалося відтворити і внутрішню забудову. У відреставрованому Китайському палаці Золочівського замку 21 травня 2004 року відкрито Музей східних культур. У центральній двоповерховій частині Китайського палацу  - ротонді - інтер'єрна частина і чайний зал. 

Одним з найцікавіших експонатів у Золочівському замку є камені з зашифрованими написами. Написи датові кінцем XIV - поч. XV століття, не мають аналогів, поки що не відчитані. Камені привезли з околиці Золочева - села Новосілки. 

 

The Grand Palace of Zolochiv Castle

Zolochiv Castle is a monument of the defensive architecture of the 17th century, as well as a museum unit of Borys Voznytskyi Lviv National Art Gallery. It is included in the popular "Golden Horseshoe of Lviv Region'' tourist route, along with Oleskо and Pidhіrtsі Сastles.

Zolochiv Castle was constructed at the request of Jakub Sobieski, the father of Jan III Sobieski, King of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. Built by an unknown Italian architect on the principle of the Neo-Dutch defence system, it belongs to the palazzo in fortezza type (from Italian: palace in a fortress). A stone cross with the inscription ANNO DOMINI 1634, built into the castle's western defensive wall, marks the completion of the construction. The impenetrable defensive walls (from French: courtine) that frame the castle yard measuring 110x110 m are formed by thick earthen ramparts lined by hewn stone externally. Mighty bastions decorated with cavalier turrets rise at the corners of the yard. The fortifications used to consist of a dry ditch around the castle (filled up now), a ravelin (a pre-gate wall), a drawbridge connecting the ravelin with the entrance gate, and an entrance tower.

Only two palaces have survived from the ancient construction of the castle yard—the Grand Residential Palace, built in the late Renaissance style, and the Chinese Palace, a bright example of the Chinoiserie style that emerged in the context of an overwhelming fascination with China and was spread throughout Europe at the end of the 17th–18th centuries. According to the inventory records of 1738, among the structures erected in the courtyard of Zolochiv Castle, there were two annexes that served as houses for the castle workers, a storehouse, a kitchen with a bakery, a well, and a guesthouse. Two Italian parks are also mentioned in the records.

The facade as well as the exquisite window and door frames of the Grand Residential Palace were decorated in the Renaissance style. On the ground floor of the building were treasuries, storerooms, a cutlery storage room, and a family chapel. First-floor rooms were intended for the comfortable life of homeowners and receiving guests. Furthermore, the palace had a sewerage system, which was rare for the 17th century and did not even exist in Versailles at that time.

The Sobieski family owned Zolochiv Castle for nearly a century and a half. From 1674 to 1696, it served as the royal residence of Jan III Sobieski. After passing to the Lithuanian Radziwill family in the 18th century, the castle lost its defensive significance. In the 19th century, the building belonged to the family of Count Lukasz Komarnicki, an appellate councillor from Lviv. From the late 19th century up to 1954, the castle housed Austrian, Polish, Soviet, German, and then again Soviet prisons, as well as a professional technical school. In the tragic year of 1941, 647 local residents were executed by NKVD (People's Commissariat for Internal Affairs) officers in the castle’s territory.

In 1986, Zolochiv Castle was transferred to the control of the Lviv Art Gallery. A memorial chapel to the victims of the Soviet terror, which was created by the sculptress Teodosia Bryzh and the architect Vasyl Kamenshchyk, was opened nearby during the castle's restoration in 1995.

The Grand Palace first welcomed its visitors on August 9, 2009. The exhibition halls of the ground floor present the castle's history from ancient times to the present. One may see the archaeological findings from the Vysotska culture settlement near Zolochiv (12th–8th c. BC), the artefacts related to the defence of the castle as well as the life of its inhabitants, and the portraits of its owners painted by the 17th–18th-century artists. Also, the ancient Ukrainian icons of the Virgin Hodegetria and St. Nicholas are housed in the palace chapel.

On the first floor of the palace, in the chambers of the owners, there is an exhibition that recreates the interiors of the Historicist period. Furniture of the 19th and early 20th centuries imitates the best furnishing examples of previous eras. Exquisite tableware from the most renowned European manufactories, carpets, and 19th-century hunting trophies complete the interior decor. Paintings on mythological and biblical themes are represented by works from the art collections of the Lubomirski, Pininski, Baworowski, and Dzieduszycki families. Of particular significance is Martino Altomonte's monumental painting, The Battle of Parkany, which glorifies the epic victory of Jan III Sobieski’s troops over the Turks in the 17th century.

The Grand Palace's dungeons intrigue with their mystery, displaying kerosene lamps as well as stone carvings by masters of the 15th–19th centuries.

A wide range of sightseeing and thematic excursions can help the visitors to best learn about the castle's secrets and really plunge into the atmosphere and the lifestyle of that time.